Buying any refrigerator is easy. Buying the best refrigerator for a consumer is difficult given the reviews, ratings and the recommendations that the consumer has to consider. To make matters worse there are so many different models, colors and styles to choose from. The following are the factors that you should take into consideration when buying the best consumer refrigerators.
1) Amount of space that you need.
The space in a refrigerator is measured in cubic feet. Consider the fact that two people need ten cubic feet of internal space for their needs. Other considerations will have to make as a result such as:
- ~the size of your family-if say you have a family comprising of four members then you will need like 20 cubic foot fridge.
- ~vegetarians-if you are vegetarian then you will not need that much freezer storage capacity.
- ~the capacity of family growth-are your children about to leave home? Or are you about to get other children? Do you have elderly parents moving in? Those are some of the crucial questions that you should be asking yourself given that refrigerators can last for more than ten years. You should look at the possibility of your family growth so that you do not have to buy a new refrigerator every now and then.
2) Size of your kitchen.
The best consumer refrigerators are those that are flexible and capable of fitting in the kitchen space. It may sound silly but many consumers have purchased refrigerators only to find out that they cannot fit into their kitchen space.
To prevent this, take measurements before you go for shopping. Do not take into account only the place that the refrigerator will be sitting but also the length from where the door will be swinging.
3) Color variety.
Both good and bad news exist in this case. The good news is that there are not many color to choose from which reduces confusion but the again this is still bad news as the variety to choose from is reduced. The most common colors are usually white black, stainless steel, beige and the alternative of stainless steel which is satina. If you really want to change the color so that it can fit into the existing cabinetry then there is the option of changing the panels that match the wood work.
4) The type of refrigerator.
The various types of refrigerators include:
- ~side by side-this has the option of the refrigerator and the freezer being next to each other.
- ~top freezer-in this case the freezer is always on top of the refrigerator.
- ~bottom freezer-it is the reverse of the top freezer where the freezer is mounted on the bottom of the refrigerator.
- ~built in refrigerator-this refrigerator is hidden away by color panels.
- ~compact refrigerator-this refrigerator is perfect for game rooms, spare rooms and garages.
5) Refrigerator brands.
The consumer in this case should consider the best brands, which are the ones that are made by the best manufacturers. In all the reviews that were made only few manufacturers produce quality and the brands to consider include the General electric (GE), Amana, LG and Samsung.
On your journey to buy the best consumer refrigerators, you should consider the above factors to enable you make the most suitable choice.